Is your marine bluff or beach property eroding or jeopardizing your house? Do you want to manage vegetation to stabilize slopes while maintaining a beautiful view of Puget Sound?
KCD invites you to attend FREE workshops developed for property owners along the marine shorelines of King County.
The workshop will provide participants with an opportunity to learn about the ecological, geological and vegetation management issues associated with owning property Where the Water Begins. Hear presentations from local experts and stay for an optional field trip to see examples of all topics discussed.
2019 Workshop Dates and Locations
|Saturday, June 8||Dumas Bay Center||Federal Way, WA|
|Saturday, July 13||Vashon-Maury Island Land Trust||Vashon, WA|
|Saturday, August 3||Discovery Park||Seattle, WA|
Workshops are held on Saturdays from 9:00am to 12:30pm, with an optional lunch and field trip from 12:30pm-3:30pm.
- Understanding the Ecology of Marine Nearshore and Riparian Habitats
- Recognizing Coastal Geological Hazards
- Using Native Vegetation to Reduce Erosion and Improve Fish and Wildlife Habitat
Who Should Attend?
Landowners interested in stable natural marine shorelines and in reducing the potential for erosion and landslides.
- John Bethel, King County DNRP WLRD
- Kollin Higgins, King County DNRP WLRD
- Elliott Menashe, Greenbelt Consulting
- Kristen McCune, King Conservation District