The goal of the King County Agriculture Program, partially supported with King Conservation District funding, is to conserve farmland and agricultural soils, increase the economic success of farm enterprises and improve farm ???.
- Activities include assistance to farmers market managers with coordination, data collection and health regulations.
- Assist King County Flood District to help Snoqualmie Valley farmers construct farm pads.
- Enhance farming activities on King County-owned farmland.
- Increase water availability for irrigation, especially in the Sammamish APD.
- Increase marketing opportunities for existing and new farmers.
As King County’s agriculture and food industry grows, expanding existing and creating new markets is critical. Assist in monitoring of Farmland Preservation Program (FPP) properties. Support the Local Food Initiative’s Farm King County website.
For more information contact: Maureen Dahlstrom, 206-477-4687.
Senior Program Manager, Member Jurisdiction Partnerships
O: 425-282-1906 – C: 425-773-9065
Jessica has managed the Member Jurisdiction and WRIA Grant Programs at KCD since March 2007. Jessica has a Bachelors degree in Environmental Studies and Spanish and graduate level education in the fields of Public Administration, Urban Planning, and Facilitation and Negotiation. She is an experienced program manager responsible for tracking millions of dollars in grant funding with a successful track record of liaising with local governments, nonprofits, and watershed groups on natural resource conservation issues.