The goal of the King County Agriculture Program, partially supported with King Conservation District funding, is to conserve farmland and agricultural soils, increase the economic success of farm enterprises and improve farm ???.
- Activities include assistance to farmers market managers with coordination, data collection and health regulations.
- Assist King County Flood District to help Snoqualmie Valley farmers construct farm pads.
- Enhance farming activities on King County-owned farmland.
- Increase water availability for irrigation, especially in the Sammamish APD.
- Increase marketing opportunities for existing and new farmers.
As King County’s agriculture and food industry grows, expanding existing and creating new markets is critical. Assist in monitoring of Farmland Preservation Program (FPP) properties. Support the Local Food Initiative’s Farm King County website.