KCD has enjoyed another strong year of support from our volunteer community in 2019. KCD volunteers helped:
- Care for plants at KCD’s Wetland Plant Cooperative Nursery
- Pull invasive weeds and plant natives at restoration events across King County
- Hand out free cover crop seeds at King County farmers markets
- Collect water quality data with KCD’s Stream Stewards program
- Build an award-winning show garden at the 2019 Northwest Flower and Garden Festival
- Participate in the regional conservation district-led Orca Recovery Day 2019
- Distribute over 68,000 plants at KCD’s 2019 Native Plant Sale
In 2019, 528 volunteers donated 1925 hours at over 40 events. The value of a KCD volunteer is immeasurable, but the value of their work this year is $31.72 per hour equaling more than $61,000 of donated work. This allows KCD to expand programs and projects, leading to more environmental health improvements.
Thank you to every volunteer, past and present, whose efforts have made our conservation goals possible.