Do you live along the King County marine shoreline? Want to know more about the unique location of your home and how to improve ecological function while supporting your needs?
Join us for KCD’s FREE Where the Water Begins workshop and beach tour.
Our knowledgeable guest presenters will provide insight on geology, ecology and vegetation management specific to your beach or bluff property.
Topics covered during these workshops include:
- Geologic History of Puget Sound Shorelines
- Coastal Bluff Processes, Beach Formation and Longshore Drift
- Unique fish and wildlife species of the Puget Sound
- Alternatives to bulkheads and armoring
- Managing trees and shrubs for views
- Utilizing plants to manage water, stabilize slopes, and create wildlife habitat on your property
- Landscaping practices that improve or weaken slope stability
- Invasive weed control and native plant selection
9:00am – 12:30pm – Indoor Session
1:00pm – 3:00pm – Optional Beach Walk
* Beach walk will include walking and standing on uneven surfaces for up to 2 hours.
After presentations commence, journey to the beach to see examples of the topics discussed in person on our guided beach walk!
Sign up to attend one of our 2022 Where the Water Begins workshops and beach walks today!
RSVP for Federal Way on May 21
Sponsored by KCD with funding from Washington State Conservation Commission.