We will begin accepting soil tests again starting January 3, 2023.
Things to keep in mind about sampling:
- Make sure the soil isn’t too wet or over saturated.
- Avoid sampling too close to houses, barns or other buildings.
- Take about 10 to 15 subsamples to combine into a bucket and then mix to extract one 2-pound sample.
- Label your samples on the outside of a plastic zipper bag with your last name and a 5-character code meaningful to you and indicate that same name on the Soil Sample Submittal Form.
- Mail or drop off your samples at KCD’s office in Renton.
Register for the upcoming Understanding Soil Health webinar on February 27.
Download the KCD Soil Testing Fact Sheet PDF
Please contact us if you have any questions. And if you already got your test results back, use this great information to help interpret the recommendations.