King Conservation District is led by an all-volunteer, five-member board of supervisors. Three of the members are elected while the other two are appointed by the Washington State Conservation Commission, an agency created to assist and guide conservation district activities in Washington State. KCD elections occur annually during the first quarter of each year. Elections are conducted pursuant to guidelines established by RCW 89.08 with oversight from the Washington State Conservation Commission.
Board members contribute local perspectives on important natural resource management and conservation issues, seek feedback about conservation programs from District residents, set KCD policy, and direct KCD’s work plan and budget.
2020 Board Elections
KCD will be holding an election on Tuesday, February 11, 2020 to fill an open board seat. Interested candidates, and voters, should follow the instructions below on how to participate in the election.
For Potential Candidates
Candidate Qualification Due Date: December 12, 2019.
Candidate qualification information: Washington State Conservation Commission – Elections and Appointments. At least two of the three KCD elected board members must be local landowners or operators of a farm. That restriction has been met, so anyone who meets the residency requirement can run.
Interested candidates please review the following two forms:
- Candidate information for elected supervisor position (Form PF-A) PDF (external link)
- Nominating petition for elected supervisor position (Form PF-B) PDF (external link)
- Voters may return ballots electronically through the online ballot marking system. Ballots received through the electronic system on or before 8.p.m. on February 11, 2020 will be eligible.
- Voters may print and mail the ballots to King County, Elections, 919 SW Grady Way, Suite 200, Renton, WA 98057. Mailed ballots with a postmark no later than February 11, 2020 will be eligible.
- Voters may also receive and/or return ballots at a vote center located at King Conservation District’s Office, 800 SW 39th St., Suite 150, Renton, WA 98057. This voting center will be open from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Tuesday, February 11, 2020.
This page will have up to date information on the KCD’s 2020 Board Election.
KCD Resolution 19-012 regarding KCD Board of Supervisors Elections was adopted on Monday, November 4, 2019.
Any questions about this resolution should be directed to KCD Elections Officer Ava Souza.