King Conservation District publishes a monthly newsletter with information about resource conservation projects and events throughout our service area.
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2021 Summer Solstice - 2021 Spring Equinox Edition Welcome to the 2021 Summer Solstice Edition of the Farm Planners’ Almanac! National Pollinators Week Impacts … Continued
- June 2021 Newsletter - King Conservation District Board Votes to Reorganize District Staff New Community Ag Video WSU’s Kevin Zobrist Recognized As 2021 Forester … Continued
- May 2021 Newsletter - Habitat Restoration Starts at Home KCD Ag Drainage 2021 Overview and Report Showcases Impact What’s the Scoop on Loop®? Get … Continued
- April 2021 Newsletter - Earth Day 2021 Board of Supervisors 2021 Election Sets Records for Candidates and Turnout KCD Union Contract Approved by Board … Continued
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2021 Spring Equinox - 2021 Spring Equinox Edition Welcome to the 2021 Spring Equinox Edition of the Farm Planners’ Almanac! Podcasts of Interest King … Continued
- March 2021 Newsletter - Ballots Now Available League of Women Voters of Seattle-King County to Host Candidate Forum KCD Native Plant Sale Pickup March … Continued
- February 2021 Newsletter - KCD Candidates to Start Campaigning KCD Native Plant Sale – February Update Beautify & Care for Your Stream or Lakeside … Continued
- January 2021 Newsletter - KCD Native Plant Sale – January Update One More Chance to Learn About Benefits and Beauty of Landscaping with Native … Continued
- December 2020 Newsletter - In this month’s newsletter: KCD December Office Hours and COVID-19 Updates KCD Native Plant Sale – December Update Two Chances … Continued
- November 2020 Newsletter - KCD Plant Sale Store Now Open Josh Monaghan Departs KCD after 24 years Discovery Farms® Virtual Farm Tour Rural Farmland … Continued
- October 2020 Newsletter - 2020 Orca Recovery Day EcoChallenge Welcoming KCD’s New Interim Executive Director KCD’s Advisory Committee Needs Strong Voices Backyard Forest Stewardship … Continued
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2020 Fall Equinox - 2020 Fall Equinox Edition Welcome to the 2020 Fall Equinox Edition of the Farm Planners’ Almanac! Fall BMP Reminders Wildfire … Continued
- September 2020 Newsletter - KCD Staff Still in the Field ICYMI – 2019 KCD Annual Report KCD Advisory Committee Needs Strong Voices Wildfire Smoke … Continued
- August 2020 Newsletter - King County Achieves 1 Million Trees Initiative Soil Testing and Equipment Share Programs Back Online Increasing Your Home’s Wildfire Resiliency … Continued
- July 2020 Newsletter - KCD Farm Help Line Goes Live! Soil Testing and Equipment Share Programs Back Online Joint Statement of King Conservation District … Continued
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2020 Summer Solstice - 2020 Summer Solstice Edition Welcome to the 2020 Summer Solstice Edition of the Farm Planners’ Almanac! Summer Updates Apply now … Continued
- June 2020 Newsletter - COVID-19 Update It’s Still Time to Think About Fire Show Us Your KCD Native Plant Sale Projects! KCD Bids Farewell … Continued
- May 2020 Newsletter - Covid-19 Update Agricultural Update A Fire Safety Assessment Walk Show Us Your KCD Native Plant Sale Projects! Cooperator Spotlight: Trish … Continued
- April 2020 Newsletter - Earth Day At Home Supporting Local Farms Now and Beyond Thank You for a Great Native Plant Sale Fire Safety … Continued
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2020 Spring Equinox - 2020 Spring Equinox Edition Welcome to the 2020 Spring Equinox Edition of the Farm Planners’ Almanac! COVID-19 Information for Farmers … Continued
- March 2020 Newsletter - KCD Plant Sale Update KCD Soil Testing Temporarily Suspended Orca Recovery Show Garden wins Gold Medal at NW Flower & … Continued
- February 2020 Newsletter - Vote for KCD Board Supervisor Native Plant Sale and Community Fair Orca Recovery Show Garden Sneak Peak Women In Ag … Continued
- January 2020 Newsletter - Community Fair Returns to KCD Native Plant Sale in 2020 KCD Board Elections 2019 KCD Regional Food System Grant Program … Continued
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2019 Winter Solstice - 2019 Winter Solstice Edition Welcome Winter Solstice! Winter Reminders KCD Native Plant Sale Equipment Share Program Do you listen to … Continued
- December 2019 Newsletter - KCD Rate Renewal Approved In 9-0 Vote! Candidate Filing Period for KCD Board Position Closes December 12 Wild Ginger – … Continued
- November 2019 Newsletter - KCD Native Plant Sale Preorders Are Open! Share Your KCD Story with the King County Council! Orca Recovery Day 2019 … Continued
- October 2019 Newsletter - Orca Recovery Day 2019 • We Need to Hear from You! How to Take a KCD Soil Nutrient Test Sample … Continued
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2019 Fall Equinox - 2019 Fall Equinox Edition Welcome Fall Equinox! Fall Reminders New KCD Slideshows and Blog Posts Highlight Best Management Practices and … Continued
- September 2019 Newsletter - Streamside Tour of Renton/May Creek Area Restoration Project Assessing Wildlife Damage in Your Forest Growing Grain in King County It’s … Continued
- August 2019 Newsletter - KCD Community Agriculture Conservation Resource Guide Kirkland Tour Highlights KCD/Lake Washington Christian Church Shoreline Restoration Partnership King Conservation District Rate … Continued
- July 2019 Newsletter - Seattle Environmental Equity Projects Now Being Accepted! Bellevue Botanical Garden Gets Native Plant Boost from KCD Mercer Island Students Help … Continued
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2019 Summer Solstice - 2019 Summer Solstice Edition Summer is here! Does Cover Cropping Pay Dividends? Protect Water Quality with a Buffer Intensive Rotational … Continued
- June 2019 Newsletter - KCD Welcomes New Wildfire and Forest Resiliency Coordinator Seattle Environmental Equity Projects Now Being Accepted! Hazel Valley Community Garden • … Continued
- May 2019 Newsletter - Lake Alice Chipper Day KCD and CitySoil Farm Work and Learn Parties, June 1 and June 29, Renton Volunteer Spotlight … Continued
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2019 Spring Equinox - 2019 Spring Equinox Edition Spring Has Sprung! Spring Reminders Landowner Incentive Program Updates Videos from Recent Workshops Coming this summer! … Continued
- April 2019 Newsletter - 2019 KCD Native Plant Sale Sets New Record! Volunteer at the Native Plant Nursery, April 19 and May 11, Renton … Continued
- March 2019 Newsletter - Better Ground Garden Takes Silver at NW Flower and Garden Festival It’s Time to Vote! For KCD Board KCD Regional … Continued
- February 2019 Newsletter - Native Plant Sale Preorders End Soon! KCD Board Elections MLK Longfellow Creek Cleanup A Success Native Plant Landscaping for Yards … Continued
- January 2019 Newsletter - Order Your Native Plants Today! Envirothon Registration is Live! Northwest Flower and Garden Show Volunteer Orientation KCD Board Elections Farm … Continued
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2018 Winter Solstice - 2018 Winter Solstice Edition Welcome Winter Solstice! Winter Reminders Equine Influenza Outbreaks Thanksgiving Poultry Processing Field Day Recap Do you … Continued
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2018 Fall Equinox - 2018 Fall Equinox Edition Welcome Fall Equinox! Fall Reminders Bulk Liming Opportunity through Pierce Conservation District Landowner Incentive Program Opportunities … Continued
- KCD Farm Planners’ Almanac – 2018 Summer Solstice - 2018 Summer Solstice Edition Happy Summer Solstice! Summertime Reminders Outstanding in the Field: KCD Farmer Spotlight Landowner Incentive Program Opportunities … Continued
- December 2018 – 2019 Native Bareroot Plant Sale Pre-Order Today! • May Creek Restoration Work Party, December 15, Renton • 2019 Year of the Tree • Northwest Flower and Garden Show Volunteer Orientation, January 3, Renton • Tree Canopy Planner Tool Available for Cities • Longfellow Creek Clean-Up, January 19, West Seattle • King County Farmers We Need Your Feedback! • Orca Recovery Day A Success Across Puget Sound • Envirothon Team Recruitment Starting Soon! • KCD Launches New Workshop • Thanksgiving Poultry Processing Day Recap • Calendar of Events
- November 2018 – Puget Sound Orca Recovery Day, November 10, Vashon • 2019 Native Bareroot Plant Sale is Live! Place Orders Now and Save 10% on Orders Over $100 • Mirrormont A Model Fire Adapted Community • Last Chance! Land and Water Stewardship, November 8, Redmond • Become a Better Ground Ambassador, December 6, Renton • Learn About Stewarding and Protecting Your Stream! November 17, Shoreline • KCD Selects 2018 Urban Forestry Projects • Poultry Processing Thanksgiving Field Day, November 17, Renton • King County Farmers We Need Your Feedback! • Where the Water Begins Workshop for Marine Shoreline Landowners, December 8, Vashon • Seattle Grants Funded • KCD Board of Supervisors Intent to Adopt an Elections Resolution, November 19, Renton • Welcome to Our 2018-2019 WCC Crew • Welcome to the New AmeriCorps IPs • Envirothon Team Recruitment Starting Soon! • Cover Crop Give-Away A Success • New Class Series: Growing Groceries 2.0, November–May, Issaquah • Register Now for WSU Forest Stewardship Coached Planning Online Class, January 24–March 7 • Salmon Are Here! Experience the Journey Yourself • Calendar of Events
- October 2018 – Covington Community Park • Beautify and Care for Your Streamside Property, October 4, Redmond and November 6, Renton • Natural Gardens for Native Pollinators October 5, Richmond Beach and October 6, Skyway • Envirothon Team Recruitment Starting Soon! • Volunteer Rain Garden Planting Party, October 11, Bothell • Thank You to Our Service Event Volunteers • Land and Water Stewardship Series, October-November, Redmond • Duwamish Alive Volunteer Event, October 20, Seattle • New Workshop! Our Land Our Water, October 20, Burien • Thank You WCC • Farm Walk: Pollinators on the Farm, October 21, Kent • Congratulations to WCC Member Stevie Knapp! • Farm Tour: Horses and Salmon, October 27, Redmond • Project Learning Tree Teacher Training with KCD and Pacific Education Institute, October 28, Auburn • Become a Better Ground Ambassador, November 1, Renton • Welcome Gwen Vernon • New Class Series: Growing Groceries 2.0 Begins October 17, Issaquah • Calendar of Events
- September 2018 – We’re Moving! • Become a Better Ground Ambassador, September 13, Seattle • Group Habitat Restoration Events • EarthCorps Develops Puget Sound-Specific Pollinator Guide • Beautify and Care for Your Streamside Property, September 19, Duvall and October 4, Redmond • Bee Ball with the Mariners, September 9, Seattle • Volunteer Rain Garden Planting Party, October 11, Bothell • Green Kent Enters Its Ninth Year • Land and Water Stewardship Series, October-November, Redmond • Chomp! • Our Land Our Water, October 20, Burien • WSU Forest Stewardship Coached Planning: A Forestry Class for Landowners • Farm Walk: Pollinators on the Farm, October 21, Kent • Looking For a Career in Natural Resource Conservation? • KCD Planners Set High Bar: Selected for Premiere State Leadership Program • KCD Welcomes New Staff • Calendar of Events
- August 2018 – Cover Crop Seed Giveaway, Begins August 1 • Become a Better Ground Ambassador, August 2, Renton • Twilight Tour Stream Walk, August 2, Issaquah and August 16, Bothell • Immigrant Farmers Bringing More Healthy Food to South King County • Permaculture and Pollinators, August 7, Woodinville • InterIM Community Development Association Holds Chinatown Jamboree for Seniors • Pollinator Meadow Seeding at Sonju Orchard, August 11, Des Moines • KCD Brings Stormwater Education to Elementary Students • Plastic Workshop Series, August 11, 18 and 25, Seattle • KCD Engages Fair Goers • Track Paddocks and Slow Feeders for Horses, August 19, Issaquah • Forest for the Trees Crowd-sourced Story Map • KCD Presents Annual Report to Metropolitan King County Committee • KCD Invited to Speak at WRIA 8 Salmon Recovery Council • WSU Forest Stewardship Coached Planning: A Forestry Class for Landowners • EarthCorps Develops Puget Sound-Specific Pollinator Guide • Looking For a Career in Natural Resource Conservation? • Thank You to KCD’s AmeriCorps Members! • Calendar of Events
- July 2018 – Rainier Beach Farm Stand Celebrates Its Grand Opening • Toolkit for Cities, Modeled on Successful Deadhorse Canyon Project • It’s Time to Think About Your Winter Veggie Garden • Where the Water Begins, July 14, Federal Way • Twilight Tour Stream Walks, July 18, Burien and August 2, Issaquah • Join Us at the King County Fair, July 19 to 22, Enumclaw • Pollinator Meadow Seeding at Sonju Orchard, August 11, Des Moines • KCD Brings Healthy Food Closer to Home • Plastic Workshop Series, August 11, 18 and 25, Seattle • Track Paddocks and Slow Feeders for Horses, August 19, Issaquah • Become a Better Ground Ambassador • Looking For a Career in Natural Resource Conservation? • KCD Equipment Loan Program • Calendar of Events
- June 2018 – Rainier Beach Farm Stand Grand Opening • Building a Riding Arena Tour and Workshop • June Farm Tour Features: Super Simple Horse Keeping, Natural Pest Solutions For Your Farm • It’s Time to Think About Your Winter Veggie Garden • KCD Helps Install Native Pollinator Strips at Highline Community College’s Sonju Orchard • Twilight Tour Stream Walks: June 20, Kent and June 28, Auburn • Brown Bag Lunch Seminar: Restoring Land for Pollinator Health • 2018 Washington State Envirothon Recap • KCD Equipment Loan Program • Where the Water Begins: June 30, Seattle and July 14, Federal Way • Keeping Farmland Active: Washington FarmLink on June 16, Enumclaw • Become a Better Ground Ambassador • Meet Yuliy Makhovitskiy,KCD’s Newest Finance Coordinator • Looking For a Career in Natural Resource Conservation? • Calendar of Events
- May 2018 – Seattle Grant Applications Now Being Accepted • Boeing Staff Volunteer at Rain Barrel Event • Thank You to Our Earth Week Volunteers! • KCD Regional Food System Grant Program Orientation Workshop a Success • Duwamish Alive! Earth Day Celebration • Jim Haack is Voted KCD Board Supervisor-Elect • Looking For a Career in Natural Resource Conservation? • KCD Equipment Loan Program • Hillside Garden Cover Crop Turning • Better Ground Ambassadors Volunteer Orientation May 3 • Deadhorse Canyon Backyard Habitat Restoration Workshop May 5 • Stream Stewards Program Celebrates Citizen Science Day • Hike With a Purpose: Become a Weed Watcher! • Beautify and Care for Your Streamside Property • Friends of the Fields Benefit Dinner and Auction May 19 • 2018 Year of the Pollinator “Bring Bees and Butterflies to Your Garden” May 24 • Invasive Forest Weed Control Field Practicum: Got Weeds? • Where the Water Begins • Building a Riding Arena Tour and Workshop, Hobart • June Farm Tour to Feature Super Simple Horse Keeping, Maple Valley • Calendar of Events
- April 2018 – Seattle Grant Applications Now Being Accepted • Mark Dostal Joins KCD as Its New Outreach Coordinator • KCD Regional Food System Grant Program Pre-Proposals Due April 23 • Meet KCD’s New Agricultural Drainage Program Assistant, Liz Stockton • KCD Launches Farmer-Led On-Farm Research Program • Peter Landry is KCD’s New Engineering Services Program Manager • Community Partnership Grantee Highlight: Darrell Howe • Looking For a Career in Natural Resource Conservation? • KCD and Local Community Mourn Loss of Longtime Cooperator, Darrell Westover • KCD Equipment Loan Program • Beautify and Care for Your Streamside Property • KCD Community Ag Team Joins Volunteers to Plant Community Food Garden in Des Moines • April Farm Tour to Feature Cover Crops and Hands-On Soil Sampling • KCD Hosts Successful 2018 Northwest Regional Envirothon • Celebrate Citizen Science Day • Forestry Current Use Taxation Seminar for King County Property Owners • Earth Day Volunteer Event – Duwamish Alive! • WSU Cover Crop and Reduced Tillage Workshop and Field Day, Plus No-Till Drill Training • Women Owning Woodlands Event: Plant Partners with Liz Crain • Auburn Rain Barrel Truckload Sale • Volunteer to Restore Redmond’s Natural Areas • Friends of the Fields Benefit Dinner and Auction • Better Ground Ambassadors Volunteer Orientation • Calendar of Events • Deadhorse Canyon Backyard Habitat Restoration Workshop • Hillside Paradise Parking Plots Celebrates Grand Opening of Refugee and Immigrant Community Garden
- March 2018 – KCD Regional Food System Grant Program Pre-Proposals • Meet KCD’s Newest AmeriCorps Staff Members • Looking For a Career in Natural Resource Conservation? • Election for KCD Board of Supervisors • Land and Water Stewardship Workshop Series • KCD Celebrates the Year of the Pollinator! • Farm Tour to Showcase Living with Beavers • Women Owning Woodlands Event: Managing Small Forests for Wildlife with Mary Crane • Record-Setting Year for KCD’s Annual Native Bareroot Plant Sale • Hugelkultur Workshop for Women with Liz Crain • Share Your Passion for Soil and Water Stewardship • Farm Tour: Horsekeeping on Small Acreage • Forestry Current Use Taxation Seminar for King County Property Owners • Sustainable Agritourism on Horse Properties • The Difference a Good Liming and Calcium Nutrition Can Make • 2018 Northwest Regional Envirothon • WSU Cover Crop and Reduced Tillage Workshop and Field Day • Beautify and Care for Your Streamside Property • Calendar of Events • Ties to the Land Succession Planning Workshop • April Farm Tour to Feature Cover Crops and Hands-On Soil Sampling • Duwamish Alive Work Party Along Longfellow Creek
- February 2018 – Place Orders by February 12th for 2018 KCD Native Plant Sale! • King Conservation District’s Year-End Celebration and Awards • Learn About Landscaping with Native Plants • Appointed Position Open on KCD Board of Supervisors • Support Refugees and Immigrant Gardeners • KCD Regional Food System Grant Helps Establish New Snoqualmie Watershed Improvement District • MLK Day Waterway Clean-Up Recap • Looking For a Career in Natural Resource Conservation? • Enumclaw School Foundation’s 6th Annual Interactive iSTEM Expo • See You at the 2018 Northwest Flower and Garden Festival • Natural Yard Care Class Offered at King County South Treatment Plant • Become a Habitat Steward! • Women Owning Woodlands Event: Hedgerow How-To with Liz Crain • Share Your Passion for Soil and Water Stewardship • Beautify and Care for Your Streamside Property • Register Now for WSU Forest Stewardship Coached Planning, Vashon • Envirothon Student Training, March 3, Bellevue • Calendar of Events • Land and Water Stewardship Workshop Series • Farm Tour to Showcase Living with Beavers • April Farm Tour to Feature Cover Crops and Hands-On Soil Sampling
- January 2018 – Place Orders for Native Plant Sale • KCD Stormwater Education Programs Available for K-12 Students • New Community Agriculture Online Map • Employment Opportunities, Volunteer with KCD • Apply for Board Position • Meet Ashley Allan, Melissa Tatro to Head Community Agriculture Program • Year-End Celebration, 2018 Flower and Garden Festival • Envirothon Student Training • Natural Yard Care Classes • Rain Gardens Workshop • Landscaping with Native Plants • WSU Forest Management Coached Planning • Enumclaw iSTEM Expo, Land and Water Stewardship Series • Living with Beavers Farm Tour • Events Calendar
KCD Native Plant Sale • Regional Food System Program Awards $524,595 in Grants • Board of Supervisors Position Open • Seattle Backyard Stewardship Project • KCD Year-End Celebration • Farms of Merit • Envirothon Teams Forming • Kent Hillside Paradise Community Garden • Cultivating Success Course • Prepare for Flooding • Rain Garden for Rural Properties • English Ivy Study • Landscaping with Native Plants • 2018 NW Flower and Garden Festival • KCD Engineer Position Open • Events Calendar
KCD Native Plant Sale • Seattle Community Partnership Grants • 2018 KCD Election • Year of the Pollinator • Vashon Island Firewise Community • KCD Advisory Committee • Latest News from Hillside Paradise • Agricultural Drainage Program Serves More Farmers • Employment Opportunities: Agricultural Drainage Program Coordinator • Landowner Incentive Program Coordinator • Rachel Konrady New Urban Habitat Restoration Coordinator • Mark Musick Retires • Land and Water Stewardship Series • Plastics Workshop • Farm Tour • Envirothon Training • Stream Restoration Workshop • Deadhorse Canyon Planting Day • King County Community Engagement Grants • Snoqualmie Valley Farmers Cooperative Thanksgiving Box • Calendar of Events
Alpental Firewise Community • Emily Webster new KCD Farm Services Manager • Emily Carlson Returns as Operations Project Coordinator • Crispin Peters to Coordinate Restoration Projects • Stevie Knapp New Education Program Coordinator • WCC Crews Begin Year of Service • Weeds Invade Pacific Northwest • Kristen Reichardt Seeks Presenters for King ECO Net Summit • Salmon Spawning Across Puget Sound Region • Urban Streams Workshops • Land and Water Stewardship Series • Duwamish Alive • Focus on Farming Conference • Employment Opportunities: Agricultural Drainage Program Coordinator and Shorelines and Riparian Habitat Improvement Program Assistant • Soil Testing • Snohomish Agriculture Resilience Plan • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events
Discovery Farms • KCD Program of Work • Agricultural Drainage Program • WSU Cultivating Success • Deadhorse Canyon Stewardship Project • KCD Communications Position Open • 2018 Envirothon • Redmond Neighborhood Steward Program • Salmon SEEson • Paddocks Workshop • Small Farm Equipment Workshop • Land and Water Stewardship Series • Taste Washington Day • Meet Lindsey Davidson • Stink Bug Invasion • Stream Buffer Showcase • Horses and Salmon • 21st Annual Frog Frolic • Calendar of Events
Issaquah Creek Restoration • Marine Shorelines Workshops • Refugee Community Garden • Kent Hillside Garden • K-12 Stormwater Curriculum • King County Fair • Fire Danger High • South King County Food Growers • Welcome Resource Planner Megan Melick • AmeriCorps Positions Open • Puget Sound Farm Guide • Chomp! • Cultivating Success Farm Walk • Vashon Forest Owners Field Day • Coached Forestry Class • Beaver Biology and Management Workshop • Volunteer Opportunities • Calendar of Events
Snoqualmie Fish • Farm • Flood Agreement • Hügelkultur Map • Emmett Wild Employee of the Year • Hillside Garden De-Paving • King County Fair • NW Farm Credit Services Grant • Savor Snoqualmie • Anna Teachman Crowned Washington State Dairy Ambassador • Airport Community Ecology Fund • AmeriCorps Positions Open • Landowner Incentive Program • Tips on Equestrian Real Estate • WSU Coached Forestry • Farm Management Workshop • Tour Soggy Bottom Farm • Reduce Plastics • Marine Shorelines Workshop • Family Horse Farm Tour • Events Calendar • Volunteer Opportunities
Hügelmeisters Meet in Renton • KCD Planning Team Provides Conservation Services • Visit KCD Booth at Vashon Sheepdog Classic • Agricultural Drainage Projects Underway • Neighbors Plant Paradise for Kent Refugee Families • KCD Engineer Position Open • Marine Shorelines Workshops • Urban Freshwater Shorelines Workshops • KCD Hosted 2017 Washington State Envirothon • WCC Crews Restore Kirkland Habitat • Forest Health and Firewise Workshop • Twilight Pasture Walk • Vashon Fresh • Mary Olson Farm • Knotweed Control Workshops • KCD Manure Spreader • Poultry Processing Equipment Signup • Soil Testing • Events Calendar • Volunteer Opportunities
North Creek Forest Ribbon Cutting • Planting Hillside Paradise Garden • “On the Grow” Truck Farm • Vashon Sheepdog Classic • CitySoil Farm • Join KCD Team • Wildfire Awareness Month • Snoqualmie Valley Preservation Alliance Green Globe Award • Farms for Life • Hantavirus Threat in King County • Ecotourism Farm Tour • Urban Streams & Wetlands Workshop • KCD-Seattle Community Partnership Grant Program • WUS Forest Health Workshop • 2017 WaterWorks Grants Announced • Spanish Language Volunteer Event at Longfellow Creek • Children’s Programs: Farrel-McWhirter Farm School • Oxbow Farm • Kelsey Creek Farm • Marine Shorelines Workshops • Schedule KCD Manure Spreader • Manure Match Program • Soil Testing • Bike Everywhere Month • Events Calendar • Volunteer Opportunities
Native Plant Sale a Great Success • 2017 Regional Food System Grant Program Announced • Grant Orientation Workshop • Dates Set for KCD-Seattle Community Grants Workshops • Agricultural Drainage Program Honored with Futurewise Award • Farm Services Program Manager Position Open • Urban Shorelines Workshops • King County Releases Local Food Initiative Report • Hügelkultur Events • Forest Management Classes Coming to Enumclaw • Meet Anna Teachman: King-Pierce Counties Dairy Ambassador • Trilogy Community Reduces Wildfire Threat • Seven Teams Participated in Northwest Regional Envirothon • Flood Control District Grants Announced • Duwamish Alive Restoration on Earth Day • Savor the Abundance of the Snoqualmie Valley • Stewardship Partners Hosts “Earth Month” Events Restoring the Snoqualmie River • Volunteer Naturalists Wanted at Oxbow Kids’ Farm • Make the Most of Manure • Soil Testing • Events Calendar • Volunteer Opportunities
KCD Native Plant Sale and Community Fair • Annual Meeting Honors Conservation Leaders • Army Veteran Brett Anderson Joins KCD Forestry Team • KCD Strengthens Bonds with State Legislators • Vashon Land and Water Stewardship Series • Spanish Language Volunteer Event • King County Farm Pad Program • Enumclaw Farm Tour • Forest Coached Stewardship Course • Volunteers Welcome at CitySoil Farm • Designing Paddocks for Chore Efficiency • Urban Streams Workshops • Jubilee Farm Awarded KCD Funds for Composting System • Habitat Restoration Workshop for Military Veterans • South King County Town Hall • KCD Booth at Flower and Garden Show • Register for Tilth Soil and Water Stewardship Training • Northwest Regional Envirothon • Meet John Rosapepe – KCD Outreach Team • Soil Testing Service • Erin Ericson to Assist Snoqualmie Valley Landowners • Events Calendar • Volunteer Opportunities
KCD Annual Meeting • Native Plant Sale and Community Fair • Dick Ryon Continues on KCD Board • Landscaping with Native Plants Workshop • AmeriCorps Environmental Outreach Position Open • Visit KCD Booth at Northwest Flower and Garden Show • Envirothon Provides High School Students with Hands-On Experience with Resource Conservation • Stream and Wetland Enhancement Workshops • Matsuda Farm History and Habitat Restoration • Vashon Land and Water Stewardship Series • Expanding Sonju Park Community Garden • Enumclaw STEM Expo • Landowner Incentive Program Funding Available • Mobile Poultry Processing Equipment • 2017 Farm Guide • King County Historic Barn Preservation Program • KCD Soil Testing Service • Events Calendar • Volunteer Opportunities
KCD Native Plant Sale • Expanded Services for Rural Landowners • KCD Annual Meeting • Landscaping with Native Plants • Envirothon Teams Forming • Planting with Children at Cedar River Montessori School • Newaukum Creek Landowners Encouraged to Protect Riparian Habitat • Learn About Riparian Buffers • Join the KCD Volunteer Outreach Team • Growing Community in Tukwila • WSU Cultivating Success • Cover Crop Seed Cost Share • Snoqualmie Valley Landowners Lease Water Rights • Martin Luther King Day of Service • Military Veterans Restore Longfellow Creek • Matt Maria New KCD Grants Coordinator • Mark Musick Joins KCD as Communications Coordinator • Habitat Steward Training • Northwest Flower and Garden Show • Events Calendar • Volunteer Opportunities
KCD Native Plant Sale • McAleer Creek Restoration Projects • Welcome Nancy Tosta – KCD Board Associate • Landscaping with Native Plants Workshops • Fruit Varieties for Western Washington • KUOW Spotlight Series • McAuliffe Park Learning Garden • Kevin Zorbrist Book Signing • Online Forest Coached Planning Course • Urban Shorelines Workshops • KCD Firewise Planning Services • Envirothon Registration • KCD Year End Celebration • KCD Urban Forest Health Management Program • Volunteers Needed • Events Calendar • and Volunteer Opportunities.
Bea Covington new KCD Executive Director • Burr Mosby Appointed to Board of Supervisors • 2017 Native Plant Sale • KCD Urban Forestry Program • 2016 Member Jurisdiction Grants • KCD Regional Food System Grants • Rachel Konrady and Erin Ericson Employees of the Year • Agricultural Drainage Program Awarded Major Grant • Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program Tour • Krainick Dairy Culvert Replacement • KCD Soil Testing Survey • WCC Crew Begins Year of Service • Stacie Powers new Education Coordinator • Jacob de Guzman new Restoration Project Coordinator • Alex Martinsons new Landowner Incentive Program Assistant • Land and Water Stewardship Workshops • Shopping for Horse Properties • Hugelkultur Workshop • Rain Garden Workshop • Sustainable Energy on the Farm • Urban Shorelines Workshops • Events Calendar • Volunteer Opportunities.
Agricultural Drainage Project Returns More Farmland to Production • Elk Run Farm Grows to Feed the Hungry • Hugelkultur Beds Build Soil and Save Water • Learn How to Protect Salmon and Earn Income • Landowners Encouraged to Protect Properties Along Urban Streams and Wetlands • KCD Leads Effort to Control Knotweed on Boise Creek • Land and Water Stewardship Series Comes to Carnation • Salmon are Spawning Across Puget Sound Region • Duwamish Alive! • KCD Supports Hands-on Learning at Mary Olson Farm • Shopping for Horse Properties • Bring Your Family for a Free Tour of Mary Olson Farm • Rain Gardens Beautify and Protect Properties • Meet KCD at Ballard Farmers Market • Taste Washington Day • Register Your High School Team for 2017 Envirothon • Washington Young Farmers Coalition Mixer • Soil Testing • Landslide Hazards Workshops • Events Calendar • Volunteer Opportunities.
KCD Presents 2017 Program of Work to King County Council • Normandy Park Habitat Restoration Open House • Urban Stream and Wetland Workshop • Agricultural Drainage Projects Set to Begin • Puget Sound Nearshore Tour Report • Remembering George Irwin • Register for Cultivating Success Course • KCD Honors Brandy Reed and Josh Monaghan • Salmon Journey Naturalists • Salmon Season • Duwamish Alive! • Hugelkultur Workshop • Profitable Horsekeeping Farm Tour • CitySoil Farm • WSU Forest Stewardship Course • City of Covington Celebrates Community Park • Taste Washington Day • Snoqualmie Valley Farms are Outdoor Schools • World Water Quality Day • Prepare for 2017 Envirothon • Newaukum Watershed Project Updates • Newaukum Landowner Survey • Met Us at the Farmers Market • Events Calendar • Volunteer Opportunities.
Food System Metrics Project • King County Fair Report • Snoqualmie Valley Watershed Improvement District • Mobile Soils App Grant • Snoqualmie Watershed Forum Tour • KCD Grant Awards • Cultivating Success Courses • WSU Forestry Field Day and Coached Planning • Calkins Point Restoration • Kokanee Salmon Return to Lake Sammamish • Join the WCC Crew • Engaging Veterans in Habitat Restoration • Chauncey Foster Thank You • AmeriCorps Education Coordinator Position • Max and Erin Prinsen Preserve Ecological Treasure • Freshwater Shorelines Workshop • Freshwater Shorelines Curriculum RFP • Discovery Park Restoration • Beacon Food Forest • CHOMP! • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events.
Rural Forest Health Management Program • WSU Extension Forestry • King County Fair • Marine Shorelines Workshop • Composting Workshop • Innovations in Horsekeeping Workshop and Farm Tour • Courtney Naumann New KCD Resource Planner • Sustainable Small Farm Tour • Learning About the Bugs and Bees • Auburn International Farmers Market • AmeriCorps Restoration Coordinator Position • WCC Crew in the News • Reaching Out to Military Veterans • Firewise for Horse and Livestock Owners • Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program • Manure Match • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events.
Bellevue City Hall Green Roof • Native Pollinator Workshops • KCD Survey • Alayne Blickle Pollinator Article • Vashon Sheepdog Classic • King County Agriculture Commission Meeting • Marine Shoreline Workshops • Managing Horse Properties Workshop • KCD Stream Stewards • Urban Health Management Program • Woodinville Dr Prescribes Vegetables Instead of Pills • Manure Match • The Shark Garden • Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program • KCD Outreach Volunteer Team • King County Fair • Meet Us at the Market • Shadow Lake Nature Preserve Career Opportunities • Elk Run Farm Grand Opening • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events.
Regional Food System Grant Pre-Proposals • KCD-Seattle Community Partnership Grant Program Update • Local Infrastructure Food Team • Farm King County • Rep. Noel Frame Tours KCD Projects • Rep. Joe Fitzgibbon at Duwamish Alive! • Marine Shoreline Workshops • Envirothon Report • Welcome New Staff • Xerces Society Workshops • Soil Testing • Manure Match • Poultry Processing Equipment • Vashon Sheepdog Classic • Wildfire Awareness • AmeriCorps Restoration Coordinator • Fence Building Workshop Report • Knotweed Control Workshops • Growing Veterans • Farm Guides • KCD Staff at Farmers Markets • Bike Everywhere Month • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events.
Regional Food System Grant Program • Local Food System Infrastructure Mapping Tool • KCD-Seattle Community Partnership Grants • King County Local Food Initiative • Community Agriculture Workshop • Stream Steward Training • Newaukum Creek Conservation Project • Ben Axt Joins KCD Staff • Duwamish Alive! • Soil Discovery Field Day • Soil Testing • Maximizing Chore Efficiency Workshop • Barn Again Grants • KCD Manure Spreader • Poultry Processing Equipment • King County Farmer T-Shirts • King County Fair • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events.
KCD Native Plant Sale and Community Fair • Food System Grant Program RFP • Meeting with State Legislators • Employment Opportunities • Urban Forestry RFP Announced • Land and Water Stewardship Workshops • Welcome Jarret Griesemer • Veterans at Longfellow Creek • Testing for Lead in Urban Soils • Snoqualmie Valley Farmers Cooperative • KCD Agricultural Drainage Program • Envirothon Events • Community Agriculture Planning • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events.
Native Plant Sale • KCD Awards More than $1.8 Million in Grants • Max Prinsen Re-Elected • Manure Nutrient Management Training • Lane and Water Stewardship Series • Pasture Management Workshop • KCD Introduces New Poultry Processing Equipment Rental Program • Preparing for 2016 Envirothon • KCD Stream Steward Training • Landowner Incentive Program • Soil Testing • Luke Woodward Assists Local Food System Projects • Forest Stewardship Coached Planning • Green-Duwamish Watershed Symposium • Master Composting and Recycling Program • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events.
KCD Program Celebration • Native Plant Sale • Board of Supervisors Candidate Filing • Native Plants Conservation Conversation • Volunteer with KCD Outreach Team • Amy Holmes Appointed to King County Ag Commission • Landowner Survey Documents Agricultural Drainage Needs • Paoletti Family Restores Salmon Habitat • Envirothon Teams Forming • Highline College Urban Ag Program • Dept of Ecology Landowner Outreach • Telling the Habitat Restoration Story • Shoreline Greenhouse for People with Disabilities • WSU Forest Stewardship Course • Northwest Flower and Garden Show • Snoqualmie Watershed Poster • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events.
KCD Regional Food System Grant Awards • Mary Embleton New KCD Regional Food System Program Manager • 2016 Native Plant Sale • Conservation Conversation • KCD Program Celebration • Agricultural Drainage Survey • Urban Forest Health Management Program • KCD Urban Aquatic Area Enhancement Program • White River Watershed Ecology Outreach • Family Habitat Restoration Events • 2016 Envirothon Registration • Puget Sound Conservation Districts Calendar • Northwest Flower and Garden Show • KCD Forestry VetsWork Position • Snoqualmie Valley Watershed Improvement District Approved • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events.
Resource Conservation Celebrated at KCD Annual Meeting • Larry Phillips Honored for Decades of Service • KCD-Seattle Community Partnership Awards $373,000 in Grants • Landowners Encouraged to Participate in Ag Drainage Survey • New Video Highlights Agricultural Drainage Assistance Program • KCD Initiates Conservation Conversations • Pre-Ordering Begins for KCD Native Plant Sale • Trail Design Workshop • Seminars for Forest Landowners • King County Rural Forest Commission Seeks New Members • Join the Totem Lake Stewardship Team • Schedule Group Volunteer Events • 2015 State of the Sound Report • KCD Forestry Program Position Open for Military Veteran • Snoqualmie Valley Landowners Plan New Watershed Improvement District • Volunteer Opportunities • Calendar of Events.
KCD Annual Meeting • Land and Water Stewardship Series • Ag Drainage Program Returns 115 Acres to Full Production • Volunteers Restore Licorice Fern Natural Area • KCD-Seattle Community Partnership Grants Presentation • Trinity Ranch Showcases Best Management Practices • WCC Crew Completes Year of Service • Susan Heiser Displays Farm of Merit Sign • Sarah Tomt Returns to College • Bridge Installation Opens More than a Mile of Fish Habitat • Meet Shanna Hobbs – KCD Project Assistant • Chauncey Foster Joins KCD • Emily Carlson New Education Intern • Vashon Land Trust Preserves Historic Matsuda Farm • Tour Little Bit Therapeutic Riding Center • Sign Up for Duwamish Alive • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events.
KCD Agricultural Drainage Program Restores Land that was “Too Wet to Farm,” Seahurst Park Restoration Honored • KCD Stream Steward Training • Welcome Emmett Wild and Mike Lasecki • Winter Horsekeeping Workshop • TrinityRanch Tour • Schedule Special Volunteer Events • Mark Timken Restores Vashon Island Habitat • White Center Rain Garden • Frog Frolic • Chomp! • Cedar River Salmon Journey • Firewise Workshop • Bridges and Roads Task Force • KCD Manure Match • Calendar of Events..
KCD Urban Forest Health Management Program • Regional Food System Presentation Workshop • KCD Regional Food System Program Manager Position Open • KCD Partners with King County to Improve Agricultural Drainage • Early Action Project: Snoqualmie Valley Farmers Cooperative • Aquatic Areas Habitat Assistant Wanted • AmeriCorps Positions Open • Green Kent Partnership Interns • Ed and Barbara Bickford Honored with KCD Farm of Merit Sign • King County WaterWorks Grant Program • Farmers Dealing with Drought • Rainwater Collection • Water Conservation Resources • Drip Irrigation • King County Firewise Program • Manure Match • Volunteer Opportunities • and Calendar of Events.
KCD Regional Food System Grant Program Launched • Early Action Projects • Meet Us at the Market • King County Farmers Show their Pride • Work Set to Begin on Ag Drainage Projects • KCD Marine Shoreline Workshops • Snoqualmie Tribe Restores Sammamish River Riparian Habitat • K-T Cattle Co Honored as Farm of Merit • KCD Stream Steward Workshop • Bears in Snoqualmie Valley • KCD Farm Tour • King County Firewise Program • Septic and Wellhead Workshop • Seattle Urban Farm Tour • Vashon Forest Field Day • Hay Probe Loan Program • Volunteer Opportunities • Events Calendar.
Regional Food System Grant Program Announced • Meet KCD Staff at Farmers Markets • Welcome Katie Pencke • Volunteer for KCD Work Groups • Marine Shoreline Workshops • KCD Resource Planner Position Open • City of Redmond Celebrates Bear Creek Restoration • Tool Drive for Veterans • Reserve KCD Manure Spreader • KCD Inspires Career Choice for Jessi Bloom • Codiga Park Restoration • Jay Mirro’s Farm Tour • RainWise Program • Highline College Community Agriculture Certificate • Volunteer Opportunities • Events Calendar.
2015 Green Globe Awards • Regional Food System Program • Governor Inslee Signs Conservation District Legislation • Urban Aquatic Enhancement Program • 2015 Northwest Washington Regional Envirothon • Agricultural Drainage Funding Available • Snoqualmie Valley Agricultural Drainage Survey • KCD Advisory Committee • Tour Jay Mirro’s Farm • Local Food Infrastructure Survey • Tool Drive for Veterans • Pasture Management Workshop • KCD Manure Spreader • Snoqualmie Watershed Photo Contest • Volunteer Opportunities • Events Calendar.
Jim Haack Elected to Board of Supervisors • KCD Regional Food System Program Announced • King County Local Food Initiative Report • Telling the Conservation District Story in Olympia • Snohomish Valley Landowners Tackle Drainage and Water Rights Issues • Forest Management Coached Planning Class • KCD Initiates Expanded Forestry Services • Soil Testing • KCD Manure Spreader • Duwamish Alive • Oxbow Farm Habitat Planting • KCD Marine Shoreline Program • 2015 Regional Envirothon • Puget Sound Farm Guide • Calendar • and Volunteer Events.
KCD Election • 2015 Native Plant Sale • KCD-Seattle Community Partnership Grants Program • Yesler Swamp Habitat Restoration • Revitalizing Agriculture in the Snoqualmie Valley • Snoqualmie Valley Snapshot • King County Farm Pad Program • Land and Water Stewardship Workshops • Duwamish Alive • KCD Manure Spreader • Boise Creek Community Project • and Volunteer Events.
KCD Native Plant Sale • KCD Election • Agricultural Drainage Program • Wetland Plant Cooperative Volunteer Opportunities • Landowner Incentive Program • Land and Water Stewardship Workshops • Welcome Nikki Wolf to the KCD Staff • Seattle Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tour • Innovations in Horsekeeping Workshop • NW Flower and Garden Show • Urban Pollination Project • Manure Match Program • Seattle Tilth Master Composting and Recycling Programs • and Volunteer Opportunities.
Director’s Message • KCD Native Plant Sale • Marlla Mhoon: Planting a Backyard Paradise • KCD Election • Make the Most of Manure • KCD Awards More than $1 Million in Grants • Information for Bridle Trails Horse Owners • Land and Water Stewardship Workshops • Landowner Incentive Program • NW Flower and Garden Show • Native Trees of Western Washington • Care for Urban Fruit Trees • Volunteer Events.
King County Council Approves KCD Work Plan and Budget • 2015 Native Plant Sale • Barbara and Ed Bickford Honored as Washington State Wildlife Stewards of the Year • City of Kirkland and Seattle Tilth Establish New Urban Farm • Des Moines Market Promotes Healthy Eating for Seniors • Envirothon Teams Forming • White River Hatchery Tour • Stream Steward Training • KCD Manure Spreader Sign-Up • Lilly Simmering to Speak on Local Food Initiative • Barnraiser: New Way to Invest in Local Food and Farms • Vashon-Maury Land Trust Saves Historic Japanese Farm • Spotlight on the Green/Duwamish Watershed • Volunteer Events.
King County Council Hearing • 2015 Native Plant Sale Pre-Ordering Begins • KCD Annual Stewardship Awards • Meet Amy Holmes – KCD Resource Specialist • Vashon Island NRCS EQIP Workshop • Bill Knutsen Honored as Supervisor of the Year • Welcome New WCC Crew • 2015 Envirothon Teams Forming • Land and Water Stewardship Workshops • Habitat Restoration on Vashon Island • Fresh Bucks • Flood Alerts • Volunteer Events.
KCD’s 65th Annual Meeting • USDA Local Food Grant • Meet New Staff Members • Fenster Nature Park Tour • Thanks to the WCC Crew • Enumclaw Plateau Farm Tour • Farrel-McWhirter Farm Tour • Duwamish Alive • Land and Water Stewardship Series • Salmon Safe • Vashon Ivy League • Soil Testing • and Volunteer Events.
King Conservation District 65th Annual Meeting • Seahurst Park Restoration • Mapes Creek Daylighting • Fall Workshops and Tours • KCD Soil Testing Service • Cedar River Salmon Journey • Women in the Woods • WSU Forestry and Wildlife Extension • An Incredible Feast • Mary Olson Farm • and Calendar of Events.
2015 KCD Work Plan Submitted to King County • WSU Extension Forestry Programs • Duwamish River Festival • A River Reborn • Construction Begins on Jimi Hendrix Park • Seattle Tilth Showcases Land-Based Education • Enumclaw Well and Septic Class • Resource Planner and Washington Conservation Corps Positions Open • Calendar of Events.
King County Local Food Economy Initiative • KCD Public Meetings • Farms and Food Roundtable Report • KCD Supervisors Jason Salvo and Dick Ryon • Knotweed Workshops • Auburn Good Food Bag • Marine Shoreline Workshops • Jimi Hendrix Park Dedication • KCD Native Plant Nursery • Cover Crop Seed Cost-Sharing • Master Tree Fruit Stewards • Horsekeeping Workshops • Volunteer Events.
Marine Shoreline Workshops • Washington State Envirothon Report • Farm Tours • Thornton Creek Restoration • Port of Seattle Rain Gardens • KCD Manure Spreader • Soil Testing Services • No-Till Seeder Survey • Fish • Farm and Flood Advisory Committee • Cover Crop Seed Cost-Sharing • Snoqualmie Flooding Survey • Children’s Summer Camps • Farms for Life • SnoValley Tilth Dinner Series • Events Calendar.
Climate Change and Horse Keeping Conference Report • 2014 Farm Guide • Puget Sound Fresh • Allan Savory TED Talk • Controlling Invasives on the Snoqualmie • Marine Shoreline Workshops • Manure Spreader • New KCD Advisory Committee Convenes • Jeff Dunham Named Conservation Landowner of the Year • Landowner Incentive Program • Free Soil Nutrient Tests • Totem Lake Park Master Plan.
Climate Change and Horse Keeping Conference • Election Results • KCD Awards $2.3 Million in Grants • Apply for KCD-Seattle Community Partnership Grants • Resource Conservation Services • Manure Spreader • Mason Jar Farm Tour • Marine Shoreline Workshops • Donate to Red Cross • Duwamish Alive! • Native Plant Steward Program • King County Flood Reduction Grant Fund • Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust • Bellevue Manure Management Workshop • USDA Resources for Small and Mid-Sized Farms.
KCD Election • “Rock Awards,” Native Plant Sale Report • State of the County • Horses and Climate Change Conference • Soil Testing • Manure Spreader • King County Farm Pad Program • KCD-Seattle Community Partnership Grants • Native Plant Stewards • King County Rural Ombudsman • Master Composter/Soil Builder Program • Snoqualmie Valley Strategy.
Native Plant Sale and Community Fair • KCD Annual Meeting • Conservation Task Force Report • Soil Testing • Young Farmer’s Day Camp • USDA Microloan Program.
KCD Election • Native Plant Sale • Envirothon Team and Volunteer Recruitment • Landowner Incentive Program Funding • Parr Creek Volunteer Event • Kurt Timmermeister Book Release • Ingredients Film Screening • Horse Management Workshops • CSA Workshop • RainWise Program.
KCD Native Plant Sale • 2013 Annual Report • Preparing for 2014 Election • Envirothon Teams • KCD Marine Shoreline Workshops • Parr Creek Project • KCD-Seattle Community Grants • Introducing New WCC Crew • Boise Creek Project • King County Flood Alerts • Grant Opportunities.
Announcing 2014 Plant Sale • Task Force Report • Boise Creek Stream Monitoring • Land and Water Stewardship Workshops • Boise Creek Restoration Event • KCD Fish Barrier Replacement Program • Farm of Merit—Boise Creek Boer Goats • Envirothon Teams Forming • Welcome Nikki Wolf – AmeriCorps intern • Seahurst Park Restoration Begins • Seattle Urban Showcase Tour.
Seattle Urban Tour; Task Force Update; Stream Steward Training; Land and Water Workshops; Lou Beck Awarded LID Certificate; Mary Olson Farm Awarded Farm of Merit; Fish Barrier Replacement Program; Seahurst Park Restoration; Manure Match
Rick and Kim Brighton Awarded Farm of Merit; Task Force Update; Pasture Workshop; Mary Olson Farm Tour; Boise Creek Project; Habitat Restoration Funding; Manure Bin Roof Plans; Auburn Farmers Market; Ecology LID Resources; Puget Sound Hedgerow Poster; Farrel-McWhirter Park
Boise Creek Goats Farm Tour; Task Force Update; Pasture Workshop; Impact of KCD Grants • King County Current Use Taxation; Sofia Gidlund and Elizabeth Clark Join KCD; Shoreline “Soak it Up” Program • WCC Crew Aids in Alaskan Disaster Recovery; Rain Garden Handbook.
Farm Tours and Workshops; Task Force Update; Soil Testing; Landowner Funds Available; Knotweed Control; Auburn Farmers Market; Volunteer Events; Puget Sound Farm Guide; Seattle Tilth Chicken Coop Tour; WCC Crew Aids in Disaster Recovery.
Conservation Task Force; Farm Tours and Workshops; Quartermaster Harbor Cleanup; Soil Testing; Envirothon Report; Kirkland Stormwater Grant; Seattle Community Grant Program.
Puget Sound Conservation Districts Caucus; Deirdre Grace Joins KCD Staff; Puget Sound Starts Here; KCD Aquatic Area Enhancement Service; Manure Spreader Rental; Pre-Engineered Roof Plans; Russell Family Foundation Grant.
Stewardship Workshops; Native Plant Sale Report; Puget Sound Starts Here; Certified Wildlife Habitat; Washington Association of Conservation Districts Legislative Days; Duwamish Alive; Equipment Loan Services.
Landowner Incentive Program; Plant Sale Reminder; Manure Spreader Rental; Fish Barrier Removal Program; Land and Water Stewardship Workshops; Seattle Tilth Grants; Congratulations to Volunteers
Landowner Incentive Program; Native Plant Sale and Community Fair; Envirothon Teams Forming; Jacobus Saperstein • Erin Ericson and Lou Beck Awarded NRCS Certification; Stewardship Workshops at Oxbow Farm; Megan McPhaden Presents Water Quality Research
Landowner Incentive Program; Native Plant Sale; KCD Election; Volunteer Opportunities; Welcome Rachel Konrady and Karen Hills.