Is your marine bluff or beach property eroding or jeopardizing your house? Do you want to manage vegetation to stabilize slopes while maintaining a beautiful view of Puget Sound?
King Conservation District invites you to attend a FREE Webinar developed for property owners along the marine shorelines of King County. The Webinar will provide participants with an opportunity to learn about the ecological, geological and vegetation management issues associated with owning property Where the Water Begins. Hear presentations from local experts and see examples of all topics discussed.
- Geologic History of Puget Sound Shorelines
- Coastal Bluff Processes, Beach Formation and Longshore Drift
- Unique fish and wildlife species of the Puget Sound
- Alternatives to bulkheads and armoring
- Managing trees and shrubs for views
- Utilizing plants to manage water, stabilize slopes, and create wildlife habitat on your property
- Landscaping practices that improve or weaken slope stability
- Invasive weed control and Native plant selection
Sponsored by KCD with funding from Washington State Conservation Commission.