2024 Plant Sale
We are doing scheduled pick-up date and time slots again this year. After you place your order, please click on the Pick-Up Date and Time link in your confirmation email. You will find the SignUpGenius link to schedule a pick-up date and time on that page. Customers will be limited to ONE pick-up date and time per person. You may pick up multiple orders for your timeslot.
KCD’s annual Native Plant Sale offers a variety of native trees and shrubs for conservation purposes such as wildlife habitat, windbreaks, hedgerows, reforestation and stream enhancement. They also work great on home and garden projects. A majority of the plants offered are bareroot stock which means they do not come in pots or burlap bags, but are harvested from the field in winter when the plants are dormant and ready to be replanted. Bareroot plants are affordable, hardy, have well-developed roots, and are easy to handle, transport and plant. All sales are pre-order/pre-purchase only. We do not offer walk-up sale of plants during the pick-up dates. We do sell out of plants, so order early for the best deals and availability! Ordering closes at 12:00noon on Friday, February 5, 2024. Contact email@example.com with questions.
KCD’s Native Plant Sale Pick-Up days are Saturday, March 2 from 9:00am to 12noon and from 1:30pm to 4:30pm and Sunday, March 3 from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
- Beargrass and Early Blue Violet did not germinate properly and are not available this year.
- Sitka Spruce and Grand Fir are bareroot, not plugs as mentioned in earlier documentation and the store.
Looking for help picking the right plants for you?
- Planning for your Native Plants
Get some answers to “How big are the plants?” and “Do I need to rent a truck to pick up my native plant sale order?” Plus more!
- 2024 KCD Native Plant List Spreadsheet
Get a head start on planning your purchases before the store goes live in November. This helpful spreadsheet is available to sort plant sale items by the various categories.
- KCD Native Plant Descriptions
(Adobe Acrobat PDF)
Our handy native plant guide includes info on plant characteristics from moisture and sunlight preferences to bloom times and pollinator value.
- KCD Native Plant Interactive Guide
(Opens External Site in New Window)
We’ve built out a way to explore the native plants from our store. Take an interactive tour of information about native plants, plant care, and which native plants are right for you:
Native Plant Talk
This talk covers the countless benefits that native plants provide for landscape aesthetics, wildlife habitat, water quality and more! Attendees will get advice on the best ways to reduce plant mortality, save money and improve your landscape’s overall health and happiness.
You have your bareroot plants…now what?
Below are helpful tips on planting your bareroot plants.
Other Native Plant Sales
Many organization offer native plant sales.
Other Sources and Books for More Information on Native Plants (External Links)
- Research plants, view photos, and create plant lists on King County Go Native
- Washington Native Plant Society
- USDA Plants Database
- Plants Of The Pacific Northwest Coast by Jim Pojar and Andy MacKinnon
- Landscaping for Wildlife in the Pacific Northwest and Living with Wildlife in the Pacific Northwest by Russell Link
- Real Gardens Grow Natives: Design, Plant, and Enjoy a Healthy Northwest Garden by Eileen M. Stark
Pollinator Seed Mixes
- Bee-u-tify Seed Packets from Washington State Noxious Weed Control Board
- Northwest Meadowscapes Native Pollinator Seed Mix
- American Meadows Pacific Northwest Wildflower Seed Mix
And much more information here: Xerces Pacific Northwest Pollinator Resource Center