AmeriCorps is a national service program that places young adults into intensive service positions where they learn valuable work skills, earn money for education, and develop an appreciation for citizenship. KCD sponsors AmeriCorps positions through the Washington Conservation Corps, Washington Service Corps, and Mt. Adams Institute VetsWork programs. KCD supports the AmeriCorps mission of serving local communities and training future leaders. AmeriCorps members serve on KCD Shorelines, Forestry, and Education teams.
AmeriCorps Placement Opportunity:
Education and Outreach Specialist
King Conservation District (KCD) is sponsoring a Washington Service Corps AmeriCorps IP placement to serve as the Education and Outreach Specialist from 9/1/2022 – 7/15/2023. The Education and Outreach Specialist is focused on connecting high school students to careers in natural resources by providing trainings, recruiting teams, and planning the annual Envirothon competition. This position also supports KCD education programs designed to help community members manage natural resources on their property. The person in this role will help plan and facilitate education events (workshops, tours, webinars) on the topics of freshwater and marine shorelines, agriculture and farms, forestry, soil health, and water quality.
First round of applications will be reviewed on May 27, 2022.
All benefits for this position are provided through Washington Service Corps/AmeriCorps.
- KCD is sponsoring this position at the Tier 4 level and the stipend will be $3,143.24/month before deductions and withholdings.
- Upon successful completion of a full service year, the AmeriCorps member will earn a Segal Education Award of $6,495 that can be used for future schooling or to pay off existing qualified student loan debt.
- Basic health insurance (not including vision coverage) is provided by Washington Service Corps.
- Other benefits listed on Washington Service Corps website.
- Submit an application through the WSC AmeriCorps website and select “King Conservation District – Education and Outreach Specialist”
- Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest in this position to email@example.com.
First round of applications will be reviewed on 6/10/2022.