Protect And Enhance Your Beach Or Bluff Property
Is your marine bluff or beach property eroding or jeopardizing your house? Do you want to manage trees and shrubs to stabilize your property while maintaining a beautiful view of Puget Sound?
King Conservation District invites you to attend FREE workshops developed for property owners along the marine shorelines of King County.
The workshop will provide participants with an opportunity to learn about the ecological, geological and vegetation management issues associated with owning property Where the Water Begins. Hear presentations from local experts and get your questions answered. Sign up to attend the webinar and receive FREE RESOURCES and SITE VISIT from KCD marine shoreline experts.
There are no upcoming Events at this time.
Due to COVID-19, KCD will be offering the Where the Water Begins workshops as online webinars this year.
- Understanding Puget Sound’s unique ecology
- Recognizing landslide hazards
- Using native plants to reduce erosion
- Using native plants to improve fish and wildlife habitat
Who Should Attend?
- Beach property owners interested in a stable natural shoreline
- Bluff property owners interested in reducing potential for erosion and landslides
- Beach or bluff property owners interested in improving fish and wildlife habitat
- Brandy Reed, King Conservation District
- John Bethel, King County DNRP WLRD
- Kollin Higgins, King County DNRP WLRD
- Elliott Menashe, Greenbelt Consulting
For more information about the workshops, contact email@example.com or 425-282-1909.
The following are resources covered and mentioned in the workshops. Supplemental materials are also included. Some links are to external sites or downloads.
Where the Water Begins – Biographies
Where the Land Meets Water – KCD
Vegetation Management – Elliott Menasche
Living Near the Edge of Puget Sound
Washington State Aquatic Habitat Guidelines Program