Natural Resource Competition for High School Students
2024 Northwest Regional
March 19, 2024
Christie True Environmental Education Center (formerly Brightwater Center)
Envirothon is North America’s leading environmental education competition, with an estimated 500,000 high school students in the United States and Canada demonstrating their knowledge and problem-solving skills on the topics of aquatic ecology, forestry, soils/land use, wildlife, and a current issue topic.
The annual Envirothon is an excellent opportunity for students to cultivate new skills and learn about resource conservation career opportunities.
Basic Team Eligibility
- Team members must be registered in grades 9 through 12 for the current school year.
- Teams must consist of five members from the same school, home school group, or local organization, and community clubs welcome, too!
- Each team must have an adult advisor.
The regional competition is held on a weekday. Teams will need to get an excused absence from school to participate. A schedule will be provided ahead of time to registered teams.
Top teams from the NW Regional competition will move on to compete in the Washington State Envirothon Competition in late May. More details on the state competition are coming soon. The statewide winner represented Washington at the national competition, held in Ohio in July.
Visit waenvirothon.org for more information.
Student Resources and Study Materials
- Meet the Professionals: Envirothon Team Training Workshop Series
- 2024 Current Issue: Renewable Energy for a Sustainable Future
- Washington State Envirothon Team Study Resources
Includes study guides, recordings of past team trainings, YouTube Playlists, and NCF-Envirothon Learning Objectives for each topic covered in the competition.
For more information, or to sign up, contact email@example.com.
Study bins are available to rent for high school students participating in Envirothon. If you are interested in checking out the bins, please fill out a request form below. Once your request is submitted, a KCD staff member will be in touch with you about next steps.